Data Scientist/Quantitative Analyst – Sports betting – London
Data Scientist/Quantitative Analyst – Sports betting – Fully Remote
Data Scientist/Quantitative Analyst is required for one of the leading providers of sports betting brokerage software in the world. The company is based in London and are open to fully remote candidates based outside of the UK. The successful candidate will be joining the team who is responsible for developing and managing a range of proprietary models and algorithms that run at the heart of the bet-placement platform. You will be part of a small team, working in a relaxed environment, and using a range of modern open-source tools like Jupyter, PyTorch and Spark. You will be working with terabytes of data, and will be part of a team that can quickly run experiments at scale in the markets, allowing the company to test their hypotheses in a live environment.
As Data Scientist/Quantitative Analyst you will need:
- Outstanding expertise & research experience in machine learning, information retrieval, recommender systems etc
- At least 2 years’ experience with capturing, managing & processing Big Data in a commercial environment
- Online gaming experience in a player profiling and/or sports modelling capacity
- Good with programming languages (R/ SAS/ Python)
- Familiarity with SQL & other database tools to store, organize, retrieve & manage data for doing analysis
- Experience using machine learning algorithms (for example: Generalized Linear Models, Boosting, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, SVM, Bayesian Methods, time series models, etc)
- Option to fully remote candidates
- Opportunities to progress your Data Scientist/quantitative analyst career.
- Working with some of the brightest Quants within the industry
- Discretionary bonus scheme.