Platform Architect – London
Platform Architect – using tech to disrupt security threats– Fully Remote or Hybrid
A Platform Architect is required for an exciting and innovative tech company based in London whose mission is to secure the human layer. Using machine learning technology, the company automatically stops data breaches and security threats caused by human error – like data exfiltration, accidental data loss, business email compromise and phishing attacks – with minimal disruption to employees’ workflow.
The successful candidate will be surrounded by incredibly smart, talented and friendly colleagues, engineers love to learn from each other and pull together as a team to succeed. You will be making a difference by providing automatic, real-time protection against threats such as social engineering, human error, & data exfiltration, for people all around the world. The successful Platform Architect will be joining The Platform Team which is fundamental in supporting company’s nearly 100 strong Engineering and Product organisation and this role will be responsible for defining and delivering on the strategy for the team’s priorities.
As Platform Architect you will have experience in following
- Has 8-10 years of AWS experience (some of which is in a leadership role).
- Has 3+ years of experience leading a team technically (we’re open to talk to Managers, Technical Product Managers and Tech Leads – but this is an Architect role)
- Enjoys building scalable and resilient systems, with a focus on systems that are robust by design and suitably monitored.
- Has strong experience managing a range of production applications in a distributed and highly available AWS environment.
- Has experience with and is opinionated about containerization (Docker) and a container orchestration system (e.g. ECS/Kubernetes).
- Has experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform).
- Has a deep understanding of server/network security concepts and implementations.
- Programming knowledge, preferably Python
What will your responsibilities be?
- Own the vision and execution for the infrastructure for a fast growing mission critical SaaS product.
- Short term technical delivery within the team as well as setting the long term vision.
- Technical leadership of a team of 7 experienced engineers.
- You will work with the Head of Engineering, CTO and Tech Leads to define your team’s roadmap.
- Partnering with InfoSec team on security priorities
- The role does not involve Line Management and whilst you’ll need to contribute technically to we anticipate <=30% of your time spent on individual contribution
What does our stack look like?
- AWS for all our production infrastructure, managed using Terraform
- Our Engineers deploy microservices through Concourse using a number of AWS managed services (including Aurora PostgreSQL RDS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Kafka, S3)
Join an exciting company with many opportunities to progress your Python programming career. Send your CV for immediately review and further details.